Sunday, December 17, 2017

Did you hire independent contractors? Remember to issue 1099’s…

January 27, 2009 by  
Filed under Tax Law

When you have made payments during the year to independent contractors (those who are not your employees), you have to issue a Form 1099-MISC. These payments have to be reported if they were made during the course of your occupation or business.  Specifically, a Form 1099-MISC must be issued when you make payments for a total of $600 or more for services rendered by contractors, subcontractors, attorneys, accountants, directors, and others.

For detailed instructions and requirements click here:


One Response to “Did you hire independent contractors? Remember to issue 1099’s…”
  1. Thanks for that post.Makes me want to learn more info on blog

Speak Your Mind

Tell us what you're thinking...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!